Thursday 28 February 2013

Hello! Another One.

A tidy session in Wendy's garden this morning, with appetites sharpened by a bit of a frost, produced a total of 33 new birds (of which 12 were Siskins), and 14 retraps (of which 10 were from previous years).

Star bird of the morning was this adult male Brambling, providing a nice contrast with the female of a few days ago, and upping TRG's Brambling total by 100%.


Surprise!
This being my first post on the TRG Blog, a few words of introduction for those whom I haven't met yet: Formerly with Grampian Ringing Group, and latterly with Cardiff Bird Ringers, I'm in the process of renovating a house at Llandudoch (aka St.Dogs) which will become my permanent home in due course, hopefully in time for me to pitch in with the Teifi Marshes CES this coming season. My ringing interests are all-encompassing, i.e. anything I can catch; but in particular I'll be hoping to get a few TRG RAS projects off the ground, once we've all decided what would be most viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post comments but there may be a delay as they are all moderated to avoid spam